Overhead water tanks are mostly used for water storage. These tanks are available in a variety of forms and sizes, including circular water tanks with domed tops and conical bases, rectangular water tanks, conical water tanks with flexible and rigid circular shapes, and more. The above water tank maintains a relatively constant water pressure for all processes. The water pressure is determined by the tank’s distance from the ground and the feeding sequence.
How does the overhead water tank work?
If electricity fails in line with one of the pumps, or if a pump fails, the water pressure reserves itself to a constant level, assuming that the other pumps can satisfy the demand to some extent.
However, if the residual pumps are unable to fulfill the demand, the water level in the tank gradually decreases. During this period, every advancement fueled by the water tank will remain unaffected.
However, if the outage continues, a point will be reached when all critical processes will be shut down in a methodical manner.
Because the design of above water tanks is primarily intended for practically all water-related activities, any individual pump entity may be pulled out of service for defensive preservation without disrupting any of the procedures.
As a result, rather than performing it during plant outages, the continuation may be finished whenever it is profitable. If, on the other hand, all of the pumps fail, water pressure is still available for fire suppression and other important demands, up to the capacity of the overhead water tank structures.
The major goal is to provide an equitable distribution while maintaining constant pressure and flows. When the water is discharged from a particular height, the pressure rises sufficiently to ensure that it serves at a consistent rate in each outlet.
Read also: Commercial Building Contractor In Bangladesh
Factors while selecting the overhead water tank to overcome the arising problems
Overhead Water Tanks are one of the most crucial and vital products for any project being constructed nowadays. These Water Tanks are mostly used for storage and can hold up to 25000 litres of water. Water is used for a variety of purposes, thus selecting the correct Water Tank for each of these uses is crucial. The tank’s capacity should be selected based on the applications and usage.
When choosing an Overhead Water Tank, there are a few things to consider:
- The type of material used in the Overhead Water Tank is crucial. If the consumption is higher, a concrete tank with a larger capacity will be able to withstand the weight. However, if it’s for a residential use, such as a single family home, a polyethylene tank would serve.
- The tank’s capacity is inversely proportional to the number of people living in the building. If there is only a tiny population, a small tank with the bare minimum of capacity will suffice. If it’s a business structure, though, a bigger capacity is required to avoid running out of water.
- Concrete water tanks would require a sealant to prevent leaks. A plastic tank, on the other hand, will not require any sealants because it is completely enclosed.
- The color of the tank has an impact on the amount of water contained in it. Black is a popular color for water tanks. The color black prevents sunlight from entering the tank, reducing algae development.
- Sintex, one of the major producers of water tanks, offers tanks in a variety of colors, coatings, and sizes. A three-layer water tank helps prevent algae from growing within the tank. The water within a dark-colored tank will heat up, but a light-colored tank will keep the water cool and at normal temperature.
Read also: Building Contractor In Bangladesh
Overhead water tank’s maintenance
- Because it is the principal source of water supply, do a complete examination and check for dust, rust, and corrosion on a regular basis. It is recommended that you clean it twice every six months.
- The tank can then be emptied, but the main water supply line must be turned off. Scrub every nook and cranny of the tank with a scrubbing brush until the deposition is gone.
- Disinfect the pipes and tank using a suitable cleaning product. Rinse vigorously two or three times after cleaning and bleaching.
- Once you’re satisfied with the tank’s appearance, replenish it.
ABM water company as the overhead water tank manufacturer
They design, manufacture, install, and commission reverse osmosis desalination systems, surface water treatment plants, ground water treatment plants, and iron, arsenic, and manganese removal plants that have been thoroughly tested, are dependable, and user-friendly even in the most extreme conditions.
They want to save water and make the most use of it. They treat these challenges as a serious task and endeavor to exceed our clients’ expectations at all times. They are dedicated to offering the best level of professionalism, service, and craftsmanship possible.
To ensure that customers receive recurring and referral business. In our dealings with suppliers, subcontractors, professional associates, and consumers, we strive for the greatest standards of ethics, honesty, and fairness.
They want to create a new brand in the environmental engineering business and make ABM Water Company Ltd. the first option for national and international clients. To be a market leader in the field of environmental engineering on a national and international scale.